Question: What is the ruling on a person who will go on a journey on Eid al-Adha?
Let me explain:
1. If a rich one performs qurban on the first, second, or third day of Eid al-Adha and then goes on a journey, one has performed the wajib duty. He/she does not have to perform qurban again even if one returns home on the third day.
2. If a rich one goes on a journey on the third day after imsak without performing qurban, one is sinful as it has become wajib on one. If one went on the journey on the first or second day, one would not be sinful because it did not become wajib on one.
3. If a rich one goes on a journey without performing qurban, the qurban one performs on one's journey is considered voluntary (nafila). If one returns home on the third day and becomes muqim, it becomes wajib on one to perform qurban again.
4. If a rich one buys a sheep with the intention of performing qurban and then goes on a journey and one is on the journey on the third day, it is not necessary to get an agent to sacrifice that sheep. That is, it is not wajib to perform qurban because one is safari, but it had better if one does. It makes one cross Sirat. For this reason, a rich one had better perform qurban even on a journey lest one misses its thawab.
5. If a rich person, while going on a journey, gets an agent to perform qurban on his/her behalf, becomes muqim at his/her destination, the animal that the agent sacrifices is wajib qurban because the rich person is muqim and he/she may have his/her qurban sacrificed in any city. He/she may have qurban sacrificed even in the place he/she is in.
6. A safari wakil (agent) may sacrifice the qurban of a muqim by way of agency. It is of no account whether the agent is safari or not.
7. If one who is on hajj has stayed in Mecca for more than 15 days, one may get an agent by phone to sacrifice qurban, which is wajib
on one, in Turkey because one is muqim there. But generally people stay in Mecca for fewer than 15 days, so they are safari. A safari does not have to sacrifice qurban of Eid al-Adha. The qurban of gratitude, however, has to be sacrificed in Haram. It cannot be sacrificed by agency in Turkey or any other place.
8. If a safari rich person passes in transit through his/her watan-i asli, qurban is wajib on him/her if the city is small and he/she passes through it. If it is big and if there is cemetery, a factory, barracks, a river, sea, threshing field, football ground between its houses and bypass, then he/she is not considered to have entered its watan-i asli, so qurban is not wajib on him/her.
Question: Suppose that a married man lives in a city with his family far from his homeland. He does not think about living there permanently. If he goes to his homeland to stay for fewer than 15 days at Eid al-Adha and performs qurban, is it considered wajib qurban?
He is muqim in his homeland even if he stays there for a day, so the qurban he sacrifices is wajib qurban.
Question: Our watan-i asli is Istanbul. It is wajib to perform qurban on my wife as she has wealth reaching nisab. We go to Tekirdağ atl Eid al-Adha. We have gotten an agent to perform qurban on her behalf in Tekirdağ, but we will be safari there. What should we do to earn wajib thawab?
If you stay in Istanbul while it is being sacrificed in Tekirdağ, that is, if you remain muqim, that qurban will be wajib qurban. You should learn it by phone. Afterwards, you can set out on your journey the moment you learn that it has been sacrificed.
Question: If a rich person who is Hanafi follows a ruling of the Maliki Madhhab in salat, does he have to perform qurban at a place where he stays for 10 days?
He does not follow Maliki Madhhab in qurban-related issues. In the Hanafi Madhhab, one who stays in another city for 10 days becomes safari, so one does not have to perform qurban.
Question: If a rich person goes on a journey on the third day without performing qurban, will he/she be sinful?
If he/she goes on a journey on the third day without performing qurban, he/she will be sinful as he/she went on the journey after it became wajib on him/her. He/she must give its value to a poor person in gold. If he went on the journey on the first or second day, he/she would not be sinful because it was not wajib on him/her.
Question: If one performs qurban on the first or second day of Eid al-Adha and then goes on a journey, will one earn the thawab of wajib? If one returns home on the third day, will one have to perform qurban again?
If one performs qurban on the first or second day and then goes on a journey, one earns the thawab of wajib. If one returns home on the third day, it is not necessary to perform qurban again.
Question: If a rich one returns his/her homeland from a journey on the third day of Eid al-Adha, will he/she have to perform qurban?
If a rich goes on a journey without performing qurban, it is wajib on one to perform qurban again when one becomes muqim on the third day, even if one performed qurban during the journey.
Question: I reside in Istanbul. I go to Kayseri at Eid al-Adha every year to perform qurban. Is there anything wrong with this?
If Kayseri is your watan-i asli, you will be muqim there even if you stay for an hour, and it is wajib to perform qurban. If you have settled Istanbul permanently, then Kayseri is not your watan-i asli anymore. If you are safari there, then it is not necessary to perform qurban. But if you perform, then you earn much thawab.